Friday, April 22, 2011

Nostalgia

While watching the Giants play the Braves tonight, I couldn't help but reminisce about the 2010 NLDS, and when I say I couldn't help but reminisce, I mean it. They kept playing highlights from the series during the broadcast, but that's not the point. The point I'm making is that if the Braves had won that series like they probably should have, they could have just as easily won the World Series.

Well it's a new year, and the Braves made some nice improvements to their roster, which people may not know since all the hub-bub in the off-season was about the Philadelphia Phillies and their 4-headed monster of a pitching staff.  The Braves have all the tools to make a post-season push. They have 4 very good, proven starters. They have a lot of young talent in their bullpen that's only going to improve as the season goes on. Lastly, their line-up has no easy outs in it, minus the pitcher's spot. Each player in that line-up is going to give a great at bat and has the threat to drive the ball out of the park if a pitcher slips up. Oh and they have a pretty good bench to boot. This 2011 Braves club, is a deep team, and a threat to make a World Series run, barring any major injuries, which is something you always have to take into consideration in any sport. I know it's not even May yet, but keep an eye on those Atlanta Braves, they'll get ya.

In what could be Chipper's last year, he would love it if the Atlanta Braves would Just Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment