
Last night, in yet another exciting playoff game, starting Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook was benched in the 4th quarter. Known as crunch time, the 4th quarter is reserved to the best players on your team. I mean after all, it is the deciding time in the game. But Thunder head coach Scott Brooks felt that his reserve pint guard, Eric Maynor, was playing better. Westbrook said after the game taht he was just happy the Thunder got the win, but you know that there is anger in his mind for being benched. All athletes have a competitive drive, and that is what propels them to the top. I don't blame Westbrook for being angry, I'm just happy we still have players in the league that are worried about getting on the court and helping their team, rather than getting in their Mercedes and Beamers and cashing checks. I can remember when Stephon Marbury was benched and he didn't care because he already had his money. That disgusts me, and it is not what sports is all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment