Last night in the latest installment of Giants "it's torture" baseball, Buster Posey took a brutal hit at the plate when the Marlins' Scott Cousins scored the winning run in the top half of the 12th. Today we've learned that Posey did in fact break his ankle, but they're still waiting to hear more about the extent of the injury. I'm a die hard Giants fan, and this hurts, but quite frankly I'm tired of hearing all this talk that it was a dirty play or that they need to change rules; most of this talk coming from Giants fans. I'm sorry guys I know he's a great player and a great person, but it's BASEBALL, it's part of the game, and I'm willing to bet my life savings that Posey has the same sentiments. He knows the risk that he takes when he goes behind the dish to catch a game. Here's to wishing that the injury isn't as serious as many think and that he has a speedy recovery.
All the Giants gotta do in this post Posey era is just score.

No comments:
Post a Comment