There isn't anything more sad and disheartening than seeing the downfall of a great player, a legendary player at that. As an avid Yankees hater, I absolutely despise the team, I can feel for the downfall of Derek Jeter. I grew up hating the Yankees, but Derek Jeter was my brother's favorite player and I had to hear about him all the time. I came to respect the Yankees captain, because he was a no nonsense guy who produced on the field. He was a leader and a great ball player. Unfortunately, we are watching his downfall play out as we speak. All of his numbers are down, and he clearly looks old and over the hill. It is sad to see, but that is the nature of the beast. Let's embrace the run Jeter had, and respect what he meant for a great, albeit hated, organization. He was the centerpiece to their dynasty, and he is a baseball legend.
A la Derek Jeter in all aspects of baseball, always go hard in the paint.
No comments:
Post a Comment